- Make sure there is only one manager in the safe during each shift.
- Incoming and departing managers should both verify the count and report any discrepancies.
- Cashiers should always count their cash drawer before accepting it and sign off.
- Only the assigned cashier should be working the register. No one else should have their hands in it.
- Limit the amount of money in the drawer. Do a cash drop to the safe if cash exceeds a certain amount.
- The keys for the safe and the cash drawer should be stored in a safe place.
- If possible, make a daily deposit of cash to the bank. The daily count should match the deposit.